Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Random Thoughts 1

I want to start a new series of posts here called Random Thoughts, which will be just as you would expect by the title. It will be simply things I wish to discuss, such as current events or ideas I have. This will be something that I post from time to time, but should be more often soon since my work is slowing down and I have more time to work on these posts. The first thing on my mind is all of this stuff going on with Apple and Samsung. This is one thing that has really been getting on my nerves lately, and I am sure that I am not the only one. This is very childish to me, and Apple is just trying to reduce the competition against them. This is the problem with companies like Apple. Sure, the one phone did look like the iPhone, I will give apple that, and the TouchWiz UI did have a similar feel, but there are only so many ways to do a UI. However what annoys me the most of all is that Steve Jobs has been quoted before saying that he is shameless about stealing good ideas, yet that Android stole from Apple and he was willing to go thermonuclear war on Android. This is a simple do as I say, not as I do move by Apple. It is fine when Apple steals an idea, like how they stole the idea of GUI from Xerox. Also, is it really a good idea to piss off the company who provides your flash memory to you? Unless they found a new company, Samsung has provided Apple with flash memory since they introduced the iPod Nano line.

No comments:

Post a Comment