Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February Update

So I have been thinking about something that I posted before called the Android experiment or something like that. The idea was that I would use only my Flyer, which was my Android tablet at the time, in order to see of I could live without a laptop. The point I was trying to make was not so much without a laptop but with the tablet I planned to get eventually, an Asus Transformer of some sort. I never posted about it since the Bluetooth mouse I got for it didn't work.

Since then I ended up getting a ThinkPad x200s instead of the tablet. I haven't been posting much and I really should post more. In the time since I posted anything, I ended up getting some more stuff, and I am not sure why I never made any posts about it, so I guess you can call this an update on what has been going on lately for me.

I think the best place to start would be the first thing I got since my last post. A friend got me a Mac Mini off eBay, specifically a late 2009 model with a 2.53ghz Core 2 Duo. It has a 320GB hard drive as well as 4GB of RAM. Originally it came with Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard, which I upgraded to 10.8 Mountain Lion.

Next I was given an iBook G3 running at 600mhz, with a 20GB hard drive and 384MB of RAM. Sadly, while attempting to upgrade the hard drive, I no longer get anything on the screen except a blank white image. That came with 10.4 Tiger, but I wanted to reinstall it and put OS 9 on it as well.

Finally, the last thing that I got is what I am writing this post on. It was about a week and a half ago, so I consider it an early birthday gift, which was February 21 by the way, to myself. Okay, enough beating around the bush. I picked up a 32GB Nexus 7, as well as a 2 year accidental damage warranty, for 293 dollars. I used the change on a birthday coffee, a delicious quad shot vente caramel macciato.

So, what have I been up to in the mean time? I have been working on a project for awhile, something I started to make use of my old computers and other electronic toys. I type up a lot of recipes, as well as format and organize them. I have almost 4,600 at the time of writing this. I just got done splitting up a huge file, about 450 pages total. I did a lot of the formatting on a Treo 700p as well as a HTC TyTn II.

No comments:

Post a Comment